Do you find yourself daydreaming about creating social copy, writing blogs and telling stories... all about DOGS? Are your evenings spent browsing the latest pet nutrition trends? Are you dog obsessed, extremely dependable, and well versed in raw dog food? If this sounds like you, we might be good friends real soon.
The Bones & Co. is an Austin based small business, run by two completely dog obsessed Austinites. We handcraft raw dog food, and are completely dedicated to changing the way the world thinks about pet food. Growing at a rapid rate, we are looking to expand our tribe with a jack-of-all trades experienced writer and copy generalist, who is also excited to wear multiple hats. We need a multi-faceted content creator wanting to also step-up and support overall Marketing efforts as needed.
Being that we're small, things move fast. There are just too many dogs to feed, and we need someone who can keep up! Our passion to help dogs runs deep, and we need someone just as motivated. Fast paced, high excitement & tight deadlines will be the norm of this position.
This new tribe member will report to our Barketing Manager, and must be able to follow creative direction provided. Must be extremely skilled at writing dog related long-form blog posts, catchy headlines, taglines, punchy emails, engaging social copy, web pages, newsletters, training material, publications quickly. In the spirit of being a start-up, this person will also help with (non-written) marketing projects.
3 months with potential to grow based on performance and business needs.
Part-time, remote, start immediately. We are looking for the pawfect fit, so full-time is negotiable.
Compensation can be partially provided in the form of the of the best dog food money can buy!
How to Apply:
Please email: Rachel@thebonesandco.com by 6/14/18 with the following: resume, 2 writing examples (one must be dog related), short cover letter describing why you're the pawfect fit, and one glowing recommendations by someone not related to you. Please note that while we will do our best to respond to every applicant, we are a 2 person operation with extremely limited resources (hence, why we need help)! We will need to prioritize those that meet all of our criteria. Thank you in advance!
Follow direction of Barketing Manager to create relevant content for various platforms
- Based on themes provided, write compelling long-form copy for blog posts, emails, articles etc at a fast pace. Topics examples: raw dog food tips, recipes, testimonials, stories about the business, tips/advice on raw feeding, canine nutrition, pet holidays, and more.
- Skilled at creating high volume of content quickly & efficiently
- Partial responsibilities will also include supporting the Marketing Manager with project work, such as: event planning/organizing, online research, sampling to customers at local pet store, calling customers, back-end account mgmt, etc.
- Maintain brand's tone and style across every asset
- Maintain, update and execute to "content" calendar every month
- Meets deadlines, which will require multiple pieces of content weekly
- Catalog and organize every content created
- Create compelling headlines and subheads for in-store signage, blogs, digital banner ads and printed mailers, emails, etc.
- Able to proof each piece, quickly, for accuracy, spelling, grammar and adherence FDA claim guidelines
- Write clear, informative copy for printed and digital sales flyers & video scripts
- Eager to assist in one-off projects as needed to ensure business thrives
- Present your work to Barketing Manager prior to deadline for review and approval.
- Ability to research independently to fill gaps on nutrition as needed
- As a start-up, there will be occasional support needed to run the business, from hand-packing the food to making customer calls.
- Provide summary of activities/updates via email before end of each day
Familiar with raw dog food and pet industry
- Comfortable following creative direction
- Must have knowledge of pet nutrition
- Strongly prefer experience with writing about pet nutrition and specialty pet food diets (ie. Keto).
- Thrives in ambiguous, fast growing and high demand work environment
- Must LOVE to write and create content
- Highly skilled at creating written content in a fact pace setting
- Ability to complete tasks on time without reminders
- Send of urgency with every task
- Superior organiztion skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable to ask questions as soon as they arise
- Able to work dedicated hours each week
- During work hours, we expect you to be available and responsive through phone, email and our internal messaging tool (Slack)
- Follow through must be a top priority
- Become B&C product expert
- Experience in writing, preferably around the pet industry
- Excellent with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Email, GCAL and online project platforms
- Comfortable discussing dog nutrition WITHOUT prescribing
- Reliable personal transportation
- Easy access to computer, internet, Microsoft products
- Understanding that content created for B&C is property of B&C